Social icons

Three months is a long time to stop blogging. I even suggested to Alyssa about continuing without me. She said I would come back eventually and told me it was alright that I haven't posted for a while. So here I am, trying to think of a way to explain myself.

For the past year or so, Alyssa and I took at least two or three outfit photos per week. In the beginning, it was fantastic. I had so many ideas for my outfits. Pairing these pants with that shirt and layering it with a sweater. It was a lot of fun. However, overtime, I ran out of ideas. Instead of enjoying the process of putting an outfit together, it became more of a struggle to find THE perfect match. I was no longer motivated to post on the blog because I no longer had any quality outfits, brands, or artists/bands to share. Even when I found a brand or artist I liked, I was not ready to come back. On top of that, I was trying to keep up with Alyssa's posting speed. She pumps out posts like a beast and I will never be able to match her intensity. It was a downward spiral. 

I just read that paragraph above and I know it seems ridiculous but yes that is why I stopped posting. Now to bring you guys up to speed, over the summer I have been working at the Government of Alberta as a summer student, I got into the faculty of business at the University of Alberta, I watched a couple of T.V. series (Game of Thrones, Suits, Breaking Bad) and I did not travel.  I also recently got a credit card (I know it's pretty late in the game) which I have been using to constantly waste my money shopping online. I have also compiled a list of brands/clothing stores just for the ordinary men who have been deprived of male companionship on this blog. I can't promise you guys anything but I will try to keep a steady flow of posts coming over the next few months. That's it for now. See you guys next year...

9 comments

  1. You have been missed! I look forward to your return.

    x
    The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about where your posts have been! Hope to see you back soon.

    couturing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also feel the same way. It became a hassle to make outfits and they were never god enough. Plus the fact that I have no one to take picture for me makes it hard to continue blogging. I never got near as popular as you did though, so I can only imagine the pressure it gave you. I missed you though, I'm glad you are well and enjoying your life. I missed all your music too!
    Perhaps you will do outfit posts again or you may quit posting, but I hope whatever you do makes you happy, because it's not worth it to continue something if it doesn't bring you happiness.

    Take care of yourself, and I hope to see you posting more of anything, not just outfits or music. :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kurtisssss I miss your posts but I understand your feelings. I hope you won't stop though! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kurtisssss I miss your posts but I understand your feelings. I hope you won't stop though! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back! I know what you mean! Sometimes it can be hard turning out posts on a schedule.
    Lucky you have a partner though!

    ps. breaking bad is awesome! did you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. aWWW!! it's not about us, it's about you :))
    make sure that you blog not because you want to impress us,
    it's all about the passion, eventho it sounds as cliche as it is
    i have you find that motivation back again!

    xoxo, sundaesins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading through these comments has made my day. Its nice to know that other bloggers have faced similar situations and have gotten through it so I will try my best.
    @Lauren: Thank you Lauren for the kind words. I am aware that I need to branch out more with my posts and I am in the process of doing so! Nice to hear from you again.
    @Jules: That is some great advice. I will definitely keep that in mind! Thank you.
    @NorthernStyle: Alyssa is a life saver for sure. Breaking bad is a fantastic show however, I haven't finished it yet. I am on season 2 I think.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.