Social icons

My alarm went off abruptly Saturday morning at 4:30 AM, rudely plucking me from the middle of a deep sleep and throwing my REM cycles into the garbage bin. Usually at this time of the day, I'd be grumbling and stomping my feet (something like what a sim would do). But Saturday was a rather special day. Topshop was opening their first flagship store in Calgary's Chinook Center and it was calling me into its masses of beautiful clothing. So, thus began my journey to Calgary, accompanied by a sleepy Eric and three hours of singing along to Maroon 5's Songs About Jane. Between the excitement for Topshop's opening in Calgary and the blaring music, how could I not stay wide awake? Fast forward to 8:00. Eric and I have arrived at Chinook Mall, only to realize that we have no idea where the store is. After 10 minutes of running around nonsensically, we finally found the store. There was no mistaking the line of excited people waiting for the grand opening (or the large sign that happened to spell "Topshop"). A few minutes later, Eric and I were walking around a very empty Topshop in complete awe of, well, everything. And an hour or two later of trying on outfit after outfit, my personal fitting with Ishra was complete and it was finally time Calgarian brand ambassadors and bloggers Ania and Paul to cut the ribbon. The wait is over, folks.

Here's a quick thanks to Steph, Jan, Ishra, and Karly for, first of all, getting me to Calgary, and second of all, for getting me all dressed up (via their nifty personal shopping services) and out of my ridiculous leopard print leggings for the event. I should also thank Eric for tagging along and tiredly taking iPhone snaps of me. So, there you have it. Here's an iPhone recap of what happened.

PS: Can you spy Eric?

Wearing head to toe Topshop except for my bag

11 comments

  1. Are your boots comfy?! I'm thinking of getting one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last photo kills me. you look so adorable!
    VISIT / 13 FRIDAYS

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tasha, I walked around in them all day! They're awesome!

    @Steph, THANKS GURL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeoussss outfit

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm, I love TopShop! And you're so cool wearing a skirt in the snow (cold? no?) love the outfit! :D

    Adinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the last pictures, makes me excited for Christmas time :)

    www.andrea-clare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So FRESH. Bby girl you too cute!!! Love the outfit, enjoy Top Shop!

    likkie xx,
    thedippster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some similar boots from Zara. It was love at first sight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute and pretty. The photos are beautiful too. x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how canadians can stand the cold :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.