Social icons


MAJORITY OF CLOTHING AVAILABLE SOON AT NEW CLASSICS STUDIOS. PHOTOS TAKEN BY ERIC AT VERMILION LAKE AND BANFF TOWN

Two months ago, I made a very heavy decision and told Eric over Facebook Messenger that I couldn't imagine myself as a Biochemistry graduate student. In fact, I dreaded the thought of it. For much of my life, I've only imagined the future me as either an: a) doctor, b) doctor, or c) doctor. And although I've kept my previous aspirations to myself, it's a little weird and definitely unexpected by my family that I deviate from this path. Long story short, two months ago I did the scariest thing in my life by deciding against a professional career. And I've never been as excited for the future as I am now.

For some time now, Eric has been telling me to open an e-commerce store. And as stereotypical as it seems to me (a blogger opening an online store? Gasp. Unheard of!), I finally gave in and decided to actually do it. Meet New Classics Studios, my brainchild (2/3s of my brain, 1/3 of Eric's) and soon-to-launch women's sustainable and ethical fashion e-retailer. Combining my respect for the environment (EAS anyone?) and the very people who inhabit it with an aversion towards low quality and landfill-destined clothing (a.k.a. the very spawn of the modern day fast fashion industry), I wanted to create something that could positively impact the earth. So, I've attempted to curate some of the best sustainable and fair trade fashion labels/designers from around the world. After all, is an $8 shirt really worth all that social and environmental damage? Rhetorical question: its not.

And while there's still plenty of time until New Classics Studios launches in October (don't worry, we ship worldwide!), I couldn't wait to share this news and a little sneak peek of the clothing with you. I can only hope that you're as excited about this as I am!

YOU CAN VISIT NEW CLASSICS STUDIOS ON OUR /

INSTAGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TUMBLR


ONLINE STORE COMING SOON TO WWW.NEWCLASSICS.CA 












16 comments

  1. Oh wow I'm so excited for this, it looks fantastic! Good luck with it, and i'll definitely be purchasing something at some point!
    helloellenor
    - ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygoshhh hun i'm literally soo exited for you!! This is incredible eek you go girl! Urgh and these pictures are just beyond fabulous too I would be soo happy to promote the brand on my blog or just to reblog on tumblr and so ethical too ah i'm overjoyed for you! I think it's because I've followed your blog for a while and just knew that you were exceptional ok i need to chill! haah xxx

    stylegrande.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so happy for you for having the guts to really do what you want! i'm also in the same position but don't think i could be as brave.

    Rachel x
    Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the love and support everyone!

    @Rachel, I say, go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want every single piece you're wearing in my closet now! Just perfect!

    \ Indigo Lights

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing! your blog (and a few others) really opened my eyes about sustainable fashion and ethics, and i'm so happy that you've now started your own buisness! your collection looks so good already, i'd promote it on my blog in a heartbeat! power to you, definitely excited for the launch!
    VISIT / 13 FRIDAYS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so exciting! Definitely can't wait for the official launch. And fantastic photos, I'm so eyeing that sweater.

    -Alicia
    Neon Fox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Alyssa! I saw your outfits and thought "Dang what is this New Classic thing?!?! Where can I get these clothes?" I'm actually very glad you're releasing this store! I've been following your blog since you had long/ombre/dip dyed hair so seeing how your style has transformed and how you have changed is great news. I believe your decision to follow a path that you love will lead you to more opportunities and happiness in life :) wishing u all the success! congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your outfits dear :) xoxo

    www.perlaoreneta.blogspot.com

    INSTAGRAM: dominikamr

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even explain how grateful I am for all your support, everyone! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is what i'm waiting for.. can't wait for the online store to be opened soon....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Been a silent reader for the past year, but I'm really excited to see a blogger launching her own online shop! :) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally love it. The clothes presented in this post are right up my alley. Can't wait for the opening. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations on taking the plunge! i'm so excited to see your shop up and running soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the news are fantastic and courageous. I have a commerce degree in Marketing and decided against an MBA and moved to Vancouver to go to school for fashion ( to my very shocked high educated family that was a huge blow). It is a harder path especially if you have things like sustainability and ethic things under your belt in this fast fashion environment we live in but I guarantee you it is much more satisfying. Congrats love the photos and the layering can't wait to see more.

    Good luck!
    www.melissaaraujo.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.