Social icons

Alyssa Lau from the Ordinary People Blog

Long time no see, tripod. 
Alyssa Lau from the Ordinary People Blog Alyssa Lau from the Ordinary People Blog Alyssa Lau from the Ordinary People Blog Alyssa Lau from the Ordinary People Blog Alyssa Lau from the Ordinary People Blog Alyssa Lau from the Ordinary People Blog

I reunited briefly with my tripod and self-timer button a few days ago to shoot myself in New Classics Studios, only to recall the frustration and tediousness that comes along with taking self-portraits. Regardless, there's that little something that I can't help but appreciate when I do use a tripod, and maybe it's a tiny part of my brain yelling out a cry of independence, but either way, seeing these photos turn out the way they did makes everything in life okay again. 

21 comments

  1. I totally understand what you mean. I have to take my own style photos for my blog too. I love your clothing line! Also, these photos are awesome. You definitely should be proud of them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are awesome! I understand the frustration tho. Some people are lucky they have someone (a friend or bf/gf) to take their photos. But most bloggers, including me, has to deal with the struggle of taking outfit shots with just a timer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are amazing despite your struggles with using a tripod + button :) I have such a struggle taking my own shots that I just give up doing it....

    http://mrmichell.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^♪
    http://www.lauderlis.com/2014/12/ordinary-people.html#op1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if only in black and white collocation, is also very beautiful!
    bridesmaid dresses Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. styliiiiish! love the palazzo pants

    http://7-sevendays.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooo good, Alyssa! You look amazing. x

    sartorialust.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job! Self-timer self-portraits are truly awkward and a pain in the buns.. You should invest in a remote if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most amazing pics I've ever seen!
    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4487669

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are amazing and beautiful! Absolutely love them all and would love to use them as inspiration!

    www.chloxlla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photos are great and those culottes are fabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.