Social icons




At long last, I've finally created a how-to-create-an-emotionally-charged-collage post that a couple of you asked me to do forever ago (sorry!). For reference, all of my collages are done on Adobe Photoshop CS6 with the help of handy transparent png images (which you can find with a good ol' google search). But for the mean time, I've included a zip file you can download including some of my go-to transparent images over on the right, just to save you a bit of searching. Ready, start, collage!

1 / Open up a new canvas on Adobe Photoshop with ample space (i.e., 5000px x 5000px)
2 / Open up your images and position them
3 / Use the Adobe layers to overlap your images for a collage effect
4 / Instead of using transparent png images, you can also manually erase an image's background (if you're not too lazy)

Easy, right? Try it out and leave me a comment or question!
DOWNLOAD

Photos from Tumblr and David Xu

9 comments

  1. THANK YOU! I adore your collages and can't wait to get started on my own!!
    -Olivia
    all-thoselittlethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I would totally put this on my wall.
    Now I'm inspired to make one myself :)
    www.voguevillain.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering how you made your collages!! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a good eye for this stuff! Any particular search keywords that turn up the best pngs? Any tips for how you think of what to layer with what else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I usually just search for for "ITEM NAME TRANSPARENT PNG" or something like that.
      Also, if you're wondering what to layer your collage with, try to think about what you would put on a real collage, whether it be tape, a stamp, stickers, ripped up paper, or a paperclip! x

      Delete
  5. sounds easy im hope its not too hard when i have to actually do it! hahah thanks for the tips x

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super! Thanks for the tutorial! Please do one on how you write those beautiful handwritings on your photos on instagram. Thanks heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always find your tutorials extremely helpful! Thank you so much for sharing the knowledge :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.