Social icons

Alyssa Lau from the the Edmonton-based Ordinary People Style Blog wearing Denim and Supply from Hudson's Bay. Alyssa Lau from the the Edmonton-based Ordinary People Style Blog wearing Denim and Supply from Hudson's Bay. Alyssa Lau from the the Edmonton-based Ordinary People Style Blog wearing Denim and Supply from Hudson's Bay. Alyssa Lau from the the Edmonton-based Ordinary People Style Blog wearing Denim and Supply from Hudson's Bay. Alyssa Lau from the the Edmonton-based Ordinary People Style Blog wearing Denim and Supply from Hudson's Bay. Alyssa Lau from the the Edmonton-based Ordinary People Style Blog wearing Denim and Supply from Hudson's Bay.

I've lived in Edmonton for 21/23 years of my life, with more than half of those years spent sitting, waiting, wishing I lived elsewhere. It's really only been in the last few years that I've really started to appreciate Edmonton for what it is--home. So, when Denim and Supply Ralph Lauren asked me to "bring to life" one of their #ProjectWarehouse short stories, "I find proof of magic in my everyday interactions," written by poet-playwright-screenwriter-educator-activist and all around cool girl Chinaka Hodge, I knew exactly how and where I wanted to photograph my Dakota Prairie delivery from D&S.

Internet, meet the Alberta legislature building, otherwise known as that place where high school grads go to take their photos and the building where Edmonton keeps it's soul. I can probably count on my fingers the number of times I've visited the Leg (pronounced "ledge"), but as one of Edmonton's more iconic locations, I felt like there was no better place to capture and contrast the monochromatic denim hues of my Denim and Supply pseudo-Canadian tuxedo.

With all that being said, Denim and Supply is inviting you to help them celebrate individuality and a new creative generation of artists. Post an original photo on Instagram inspired by Chinaka Hodge's 9-word story with the tag #ProjectWarehouse, and in doing so, you could win $1,000 of D&S clothing and accessories, as well as a fashion shoot experience in NYC. Not too shabby, 'eh? View complete contest details here.
JEANS / ℅ DENIM AND SUPPLY
SHIRT / ℅ DENIM AND SUPPLY
BAG / REISS
SHOES / SUPERGA
WATCH /  BERG & BETTS

6 comments

Powered by Blogger.